2016 Tournament of Champions
Welcome to the WhatTrivia Tournament of Champions! You've competed all year, now it's time to find out who is worthy of the $1000 first place cash prize! This tournament will consist of 2 Semi-Final events and 1 Final Championship event. Registered teams will compete in only one of the two Semi-Final events, and must place to continue on to the Final event (see cut-off mentioned below).
Sponsors for This Year's Tournament
|3||Taste the Hrainbow||6|
|4||Approximately One Song||0|
|4||Back in the USSR||0|
|4||In One Ear and Out Your Mother||0|
|4||The Spiciest Meme Lords||0|
- The Tournament of Champions is open to any registered team that played at least once in 2016.
- Entry fee is $120 per team. This includes entry into one Semi-Final and the Finals (if you qualify.)
- Based on the 2016 Tournament of Champions Standings, your entry fee will be as follows:
- The 1st Place Team is invited directly to Tournament of Champions Final with FREE entry.
- The 2nd Place Team: $40
- The 3rd Place Team: $60
- Teams in 4th through 10th: $80
- Teams in 11th through 20th: $100
How to Sign Up
There will be team tickets available for each Semi-Final event that are reserved on a first-come, first-served basis. To reserve your seat at either of the Semi-Final events, the captain of your WhatTrivia Registered team can log into whattrivia.com/registered-teams for instructions. Here you will find an EventBrite link to purchase your ticket, and your secret discount code based on the 2016 standings. In order to properly reserve your table, you will select which Semi-Final event you wish to compete in and the number of players that will be competing on your team.
Semi Final 1
Where: Taphouse150 - 150 Sebethe Dr, Cromwell CT
When: Friday, February 3rd @7pm
Who: 9 Teams
Why: The Top 5 Teams from this event will advance to the Final Championship.
Semi Final 2
Where: Arch St. Tavern - 85 Arch St, Hartford CT
When: Saturday, February 11th @5pm
Who: 14 Teams
Why: The Top 8 Teams from this event will advance to the Final Championship.
Where: Taphouse150 - 150 Sebethe Dr, Cromwell CT
When: Saturday, February 25th @7pm
Who: 14 Teams - The 1st Place Team in the 2016 standings, the top 5 teams from Semi-Final 1, and the top 8 teams from Semi-Final 2
Why: The Top 3 teams from this event will be awarded prizes.
Final Championship Prizes
- $1000 Cash Prize
- Outer Light Growlers and a Brewery Gift Certificate for each player
- $500 Cash Prize
- Taphouse150 Growlers and Glassware for each player
- $250 Cash Prize
Each player will be given raffle tickets to use towards winning various other fun prizes at the final event!
- You must be a registered team in 2016 to play in the Tournament of Champions. A member of your team must provide proof of ticket purchase for entry.
- Standard WhatTrivia rules apply. Maximum of 8 players per team. Teams may consist of any players of your choosing, team members need not have played WhatTrivia before. Choose your team wisely.
- Any form of cheating, especially cell phone use immediately disqualifies the whole team from the Semi-Final event and the Final event. If you are disqualified at the discretion of any WhatTrivia Staff, you will be ejected from the game and will not get your entry fee back.
- You can only compete in one of the Semi Final Events. If you lose in Semi-Final 1, you cannot pay/register/play in the Semi-Final 2 to try again.
- There will be one entry fee per team for the Semi-Finals. There is no cost to compete in the finals, you have to earn it. If you win in the Semi-finals, you are invited to the Finals for free.
- If you leave the room during the question, you will not be allowed to re-enter until the answer for that question is given.
- Standard Final question rules apply, if you submit more answers than asked for, your answers will be scored at the discretion of the WhatTrivia staff.
Final TOC Standings for 2016
Standings as of 12/29/2016
|4||In One Ear and Out Your Mother||107|
|6||Quiz my Pants||95|
|10||Love and Hate||71|
|11||Rob and his mo'Lassies||68|
|13||Peyton manning's Forehead||57|
|14||Back in the USSR (The Red Army)||52|
|19||Crazy Sexy Bitches||36|
|22||The Flint Tropics||34|
|27||Approximately 1 Song||28|
|28||Hop Off My Dicktionary||27|
|30||High School Hand Job||25|
|34||Hump Day Heroes||23|
|35||Alice and Her Rabbit Holes||22|
|37||The Wet Bandits||19|
|37||I won a math debate.||19|
|41||Hot Bobby's Fan Club||17|
|41||Show Me Your Peacock||17|
|44||Hold the Door||14|
|45||Stephen Hawkings School of Dance||12|
|46||Mind Your Quizness||11|
|46||Slut and the Falcon||11|
|51||On Wednesdays We Drink||10|
|57||Tree Hill Ravens||6|
|59||I lost my virginity, but I still have the box it came in||5|
|59||Two Wines Make a Right||5|
|71||We Thought This Was BINGO||1|
|71||My Couch Pulls Out but I Don't||1|
|71||Cori and the Diamonds||1|
|71||The Corner Illuminati||1|
|71||Frey and Sons Wedding Planning||1|